TRANSFAC® is the most comprehensive database of eukaryotic transcription factors.
TRANSFAC® are building 300 transcription factors and miRNA papers and 42 million ChIP fragment databases focusing on Human Mouse, Rat, Yeast, and Plant. Transcription Factor Binding Sites (TFBS) are predictable and provide a wealth of information about transcription factors. We also provide tools for new motif identification, matrix comparison and miRNA regulatory factor identification. Based on your genes or promoters, we can help you study gene expression by predicting transcription factor binding sites.
- Find Binding Factors for Genes and Genes Bound by Factor, based on experimental evidence
- Predict TF binding sites or composite elements within single DNA sequences or promoters (Match and CMsearch)
- Find de novo motifs in sequence sets with the DECOD algorithm and compare them against TRANSFAC matrices
- Analyze microarray DEGs, ChIP-seq and RNA-seq data for over-represented TF-binding sites (FMatch/Step-by-step analysis)
→ see geneXplain platform for extended functionality • Analyze gene sets for the presence of shared miRNA target sites
- Download binding fragments from individual ChIP experiments, in FASTA or BED format, or lists of nearest genes